Monday, November 21, 2011

A crazy thing I'm addicted to

Seaweed!  Yes that green floaty stuff from the "pond".  Now wait just a second before you click away form my post.  Seaweed is a very popular food.  Its used in sushi, and is very popular in coastal areas mainly in the Eastern hemisphere.  Whether you know it as nori, zicai, gim or just that green papery stuff, you've eaten it in some form probably several times (heard of  alginateagar or carrageenan...no? Check your food labels sometime).  
Um...yeah I see that coffee spot on my desk...NOW.  Unfortunately I have consumed the rest of the package so a new photo op was not possible.
Trader Joe's has a Roasted Seaweed snack that is just amazing.  Roasted seaweed snacks! Available in plain or Wasabi (pictured above) Each package is 2 servings and I'm not really ashamed to say that I eat the whole thing every time I open one.  I'm very thankful for my friend LH who introduced them to me.  A small warning though, when eating the Wasabi ones...be careful when licking your fingers!

Whew!  I had to stop eating them until I got my camera on lunch...now I can go back to my happy noshing!

Until we eat again!

1 comment:

  1. WOOT!! I gotta say I wholeheartedly agree with loving on the weird green stuff! It's amazing! And crispy, yet light?? and a smidge spicy? YAY! Glad I didn't freak you out with your new-found fetish. ;)

    ReplyDelete